Re: Builtins and C++ and such

Mark Mitchell wrote:
> But, it's true that right now fixincludes doesn't do this, and our
> C++ library doesn't have C headers that do this, so I guess we need
> to do something.  (It would be nice if glibc did this, but it doesn't
> matter since we need to do something good on non-GNU platforms too.)

So as a lowly maintainer of an unsupported GCC port I ask: what is problem
in just  modifying my-port's C library headers like so:

void* 	memcpy (void*, const void*, size_t);
#if defined __GNUG__  && !defined __STRICT_ANSI__
extern inline memcpy (void* _S1, const void* _S2, size_t _N)
  {  __builtin_memcpy(_S1, _S2, _N) ; }
#endif

other than the problem of un-builtin-izing if user defines own
implementation of memcpy
Danny

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.