Re: Unable to generate reloads

> reload comes into play when a pattern in the .md file matches an INSN in the
> function you are compiling, but the constraint letters DON'T match.   So, it
> would seem very likely that the define_insn pattern you have for QI moves
> doesn't have a pair of matching constraints that the source and destination
> are compatible with.

That was exactly this. The mem <- immediate case wasn't recognized by my
constraints - actually I misunderstood their use, which led me to this
error. After fixing this one, similar others appeared, but thanks to
your answer they have been easily fixed as well. Now the same program
does compile and generates an assembler code that makes sense, and -
most important - isns are more understandable to me ;)

Many thanks!
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org