Re: [discuss] Re: Absolute paths horror in gcc

In message <20020318170303.GU9058@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka writes
:
 > >  In message <20020318121210.11519DA2C7@pluto.sonofthor.dk>, Bo Thorsen wri
 > tes:
 > >  > The problem is that gcc doesn't have the infrastructure needed to make
 > it
 > >  > look in two different places for the crt files.
 > > It does if you use multi-libs.  I haven't thought a lot about it, but it m
 > ay
 > > be a relatively clean way to deal with your problem.
 >
 > We do use multilibs.  Problem I see is that the gcc.c does search always
 > at the standrard paths /usr/lib, /lib etc., while we want it to search
 > on /usr/lib64, /lib64 depending whether -m32 or -m64 or nothing is specified
 > .
It shouldn't be that difficult to make it apply to those standard paths as
well.    Or disable the standard paths in the linker and instead let GCC supply
them which would probably give you the multilib aware paths.

jeff