Re: [discuss] Absolute paths horror in gcc

> The problem is that gcc doesn't have the infrastructure needed to make it
> look in two different places for the crt files.
>
> So, I was thinking that when someone is compiling on x86-64, I'd guess that
> he was compiling for 64 bit most of the times. So why not change the problem
> to be on the 32 bit side? Make the 64 bit default and the 32 bit ones have
> hardcoded paths. This should also make crosscompilation be easier again
> (right now it needs links from /usr/lib64/crtX.o to the files' real location).
>
> Comments please.
This sounds sane, however I didn't find any way to say the driver (gcc.c)
to overwrite the default paths.
Perhaps you can propose new macros.  It would fix the ld testsuite problem
as well.  I think it is best to be discussed with other folks having 2
sets of directories - Jakub Jelinek/Dave for Sparc, I am not sure who is
reposnible for Mips and whetehr HP-PA already got to this stage.

Honza