Re: Unnamed functions, functors or, more formally, function literals

<<If they are useful or not is mainly a matter of programming style.
Personally I like them, but then I am familiar with functional
languages where anonymous functions are an important part of the
language. (Program in List or ML for a while, and I think you will see
how they can be useful.)

Well I don't know List, but I have programmed extensively in Lisp and other
functional languages, and I don't see things the way you do at all. This is
just a convenience of binding issue, not anything that reflects issues of
expressive power (this is true in both functional and procedural languages).