Re: Tree inlining

On Mar 15, 2002, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Please create hooks for them so that we can re-enable these checks.

My judgment, back when I was working on this issue, was that the
assertion checks were put in back when the code was in development,
and it may have caught lots of bugs back then, but that it was
probably not going to help much any more, now that the whole thing was
known to work.  I didn't think it would be necessary to introduce new
hooks just to preserve the assertions.  If I was mistaken, and you
want the assertions to be put back in, please be my guest.  You surely
know how to do it (after all, IIRC, you wrote the C++-specific code in
the first place :-), and we didn't drop any real functionality.

I'd do it myself if I were not trying to find spare time in my crazy
schedule to fix alleged libtool problems that reportedly I'm the only
person able to fix :-(