Re: stabs at function entry point?

Dale Johannesen wrote:-

> OK, I can fix this:  easiest is simply to change
> dbx_debug_hooks.begin_prologue so it doesn't emit the line
> number.  What I don't know is how widely this change is applicable.
> Is this an appropriate thing to do for gdb on other targets?  Will
> it break a real dbx, and if so do we care?  Which of the above-quoted
> comments correctly indicates the intent?

Hi Dale,

If you do something here, please document it clearly in comments.  There
is a relative paucity of information or knowledge about these issues it
seems (I asked some last year when doing debug hooks, and there were
some umms and ahs, and some questions with no replies).  Not knowing
what is and isn't possible makes cleaning up the code very hard.

Thanks!

Neil.