This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
fPIC on HP-UX 11.0
- From: Pat Watson <pwatson at creighton dot edu>
- To: "Gcc (E-mail)" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:45:38 -0600
- Subject: fPIC on HP-UX 11.0
- Encoding: 20 TEXT
- Organization: Creighton University
- Reply-to: "pwatson at creighton dot edu" <pwatson at creighton dot edu>
Hi,
I am trying to compile some c code using gcc. I am having problems creating
a shared library. I found information regarding this problem in the FAQ's.
I have
added the fPIC option as suggested, but am still receiving the 'DP relative
code in file' error.
My gcc version information is:
Reading specs from /opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release).
Is the fPIC option supported for HP-UX 11.0 on this, or any version? If
not, what else can I try?
Pat Watson
Administrative Computing Email: pwatson@creighton.edu
Creighton University Phone: (402)280-2324
2500 California Plaza Fax: (402)280-2573
Omaha, NE
68178-0046 USA