RE:Re: PORT of GCC 3.0.4 to ix86 DG/UX Unix

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Joe Buck wrote:

>Given that 3.1 is planned for very soon (tentatively April 15th) it
> would be better to try to get any needed DG/UX patches into 3.1.

That would be really surprising because libjava is very unstable at
the moment. 3.0.4 code compiles and runs fine, but 3.1 snapshot
dumps core compiling a simple HelloWorld.java (even without GC).
Anyway I do have a port of 3.1 branch to ix86 DG/UX but this compiler
just doesnt seem to me to be in its present form stable/solid.
As I said among others you split up the libgcc.a to a harmless
libgcc.a and a libgcc_eh.a and until someone expains in this list
why is that I cannt make libjava stuff (eg gij) even to build!
I searched the archive but I didnt find anything about that issue.

Takis