Re: Bug with copyprop_hardreg_forward and shared RTX

Richard Henderson wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:58:53PM +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
>> Am I missing something here? How is this supposed to work?
>
>There isn't supposed to be any shared rtx.  That's the bug.

However, this appears to be done intentionally by reload,
if the comment at that place is to be believed:

  The REG-rtx's for the pseudos are modified in place,
  so all insns that used to refer to them now refer to memory.

So if this is the bug, do you have suggestions how to best fix it?
Simply make a pass through all insns and replace the rtx's where
necessary?  Or something more involved like having these situations
handled by find_reloads (like the reg_equiv_address case)?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development