From: Atro Tossavainen [mailto:atossava@cc.helsinki.fi]
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2002 12:25
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.3 / SGI 64-bit platforms

> This only builds the stage1 compiler for N32, mips3. the resulting GCC
> binary is then used to build the stage2 and stage3 compilers. So, try
> this (untested):
>   $ ../configure ...
>   $ gmake BOOT_CFLAGS="-O2 -g -mips3" bootstrap

Thanks for the suggestion.

Where does, generally speaking, gcc get its idea of which MIPS ABI and
ISA it should use on IRIX, if there is no explicit request from the user?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.