This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: paradoxical subreg problem


On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 01:03:20PM -0700, law@redhat.com wrote:
> However, even if we do that I think we need to clarify precisely what
> the semantics of a paradoxical subreg really are.    Clearly there is
> some confusion.

With plain registers, I don't think there is any confusion -- the
upper bits are simply undefined.  With memories, there is confusion.
But I think we should "clarify" by disallowing them.

> [ Actually my preference would be to zap paradoxical subregs, but I
>   don't think we're in a position to do that right now. ]

Nope.


r~


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]