This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: Developing a Once-install and throw-away-CD mechanism


snodx wrote:

> I have developed a software application using GNU G++ that runs on
> Linux. I want this software to be distributed to certain parties via
> CDs, these persons will then install the application directly from
> the CD without having to copy the files from the CD to their hard
> disk. But I am afraid that somebody might get hold of the CD and
> install the application without my permission onto several systems.

The de-facto standard license manager for unix is FLEXlm from
http://www.globetrotter.com/.

CD sabotage would likely be very difficult to implement and even then
easy to circumvent.

You might get better ideas for your platform from a linux-specific
mailing list or newsgroup.

Good luck,
Rup.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]