Re: Plan for bug-fixing g77-3.1.

I wrote:

> "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" wrote:
>
> > This doesn't seem to work for me on irix.  I am away from the office,
> > but will have a look once I get back.
>
> Yep, I noted that too
>
>         (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-01/msg00535.html)
>
> 14 XFAILs; same as before.
>
> I hope you can find out what's going wrong ...

Just to guide that search, these are the things we held true:

1. Intrinsics are considered to be written in lower case:

   See:

target.h:#define FFETARGET_defaultCASE_INTRIN FFE_caseLOWER
top.c:ffeCase ffe_case_intrin_ = FFETARGET_defaultCASE_INTRIN;

2. The "lower case" part of the intrinsics table in intrin.def is not
   correctly sorted:

DEFNAME ("BITEST",      "bitest",       "BITest",       genNONE,
specBITEST)     /* VXT */
DEFNAME ("BIT_SIZE",    "bit_size",     "Bit_Size",     genNONE,
specBIT_SIZE)   /* F90 */

   cat /tmp/a
   bitest
   bit_size

   sort /tmp/a
   bit_size
   bitest

3. Hence, a `bsearch' on this table could produce wrong answers.