RE: New x86 target (OS-9/x86)

After a few hours of reading through some more documentation and digging
through existing targets, I have gotten a good portion of the assembler
generation complete (for using the existing assembler on OS-9/x86) but
am still a little perplexed by a couple of issues:

1) OS-9 requires that EBX point to the static storage area, i.e. to
store 0 into string_var, I need to output the following code:

	mov.l	#0,string_var(%ebx)

2) The second issue is that EAX needs to be passed as the first
parameter rather than being placed on the stack prior to calling the
function.

3) The final problem is that prior to switching from .bss, .text, or
.data, I need to place an .end directive to terminate the prior area (if
one exists).

What macros or functions to I need to replace/create in order to allow
this type of behavior?

...Chet...