Re: ports to 2.96 and 3.1 versions

>> I am a member of OpenCores (http://www.opencores.org) an open HW
>> community.
>
>I like what you guys are doing, thanks for your hard work.
>
>> We have whole GNU toolchain ready for our CPU (OpenRisc), but we are
>> still waiting for FSF licenses, to make our ports official.

thanks :)

> I assume this means that you are trying to submit your paper work to
> the FSF for the copyright assignments.  The paper work isn't enough to
> make the ports official.  After you have your copyright assignments on
> file, this permits you to submit your work to us for inclusion into
> gcc.  After the inclusion of your work into the main gcc tree, this
> makes it official.  After the release of the code, it then is part of
> an official release of gcc.
Well I've submitted the request for papers lat year, but after the
investigation they found out that they overlooked them, thus
delaying the whole process... I am still waiting for them.

>> When do you expect current version of gcc will be included in
>> official releases of GNU software?
>
>See http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html, according to it, our best guess
>is Apr 15th, 2002 for the release of gcc 3.1.
ok, I see.
Are you currently in Stage 3?

Do we have any chances to be in 3.1 release?

Our code was tested against our testsuite on the simulator and it appers
everything
works the same as with previous version, except code is a bit better (~3%
less
instructions with -O2, Dhrystone). We are shortly planning to compile
uCLinux and
test it thoughly.

Well if not, I suppose the best roadmap for us is to work on 3.1 (and later
on
3.2) version, to meet the next 3.2 release (hopefully) on Oct 15th, 2002.

best wishes,
Marko