Re: rfc: __builtin_syntax_error

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:11:40PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > /* Dummy prototype.  */
> > extern void __altivec_link_error_invalid_argument ();
>
> Are you sure that, if you compile without optimization, the call of
> this undefined function is still going to be optimized away?

:-)

this is for use in:

	__builtin_choose_expr (condition, true_expr, false_expr)

if condition is true, the value of __builtin_choose_expr will be
"true_expr" and false_expr will be neither evaluated nor executed.

__builtin_choose_expr is not really a built in per se, it's a hack
to the front end (see c-parse.y).  so yes, i'm sure it won't even
be generated.  however, it needs to be syntatically correct because
without the new parser diagnostic infrastructure, we parse both
true_expr and false_expr for syntactic correctness.

neat, huh?

aldy