This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
arm/thumb: GOT and indirections
- From: Adrian von Bidder <avbidder at acter dot ch>
- To: gcc devel mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 15 Jan 2002 17:33:53 +0100
- Subject: arm/thumb: GOT and indirections
this simple C program:
compiled with gcc 3.0.3 for arm and -fpic -mthumb produces:
2: 4803 ldr r0, [pc, #12] (10 <main+0x10>)
4: 5831 ldr r1, [r6, r0]
6: 6808 ldr r0, [r1, #0]
8: fffef7ff bl 0 <main>
8: R_ARM_THM_PC22 foo
(-msingle-pic-base and optimization do not seem to matter).
first ldr loads offset into GOT table.
second ldr loads address of the string into r1
third ldr loads first word of the string into r0. Huh!?!?!?!?
I'll do some more investigation tomorrow (compiling cvs HEAD toolchain
as I write this). But probably somebody already had this:
- is it fixed in cvs head?
- is it fixed in cvs branch?
- if so: is it known which patch fixed it (I'd rather avoid using cvs
versions for real work)?
greets from Zürich