This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.3 seems to build libstdc++.so.3.0.2
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:07:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.3 seems to build libstdc++.so.3.0.2
>>>>> Andreas Jaeger writes:
Andreas> Building gcc 3.0.3 from tar balls, I noticed that libstdc++ is
Andreas> installed as libstdc++.so.3.0.2. Is this really correct? Or was
Andreas> there no change that would justify a subminor bump?
Andreas> I found in libstdc++-v3/src/Makefile.am this line:
Andreas> libstdc___la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 3:2:0 -lm
Andreas> Shouldn't we increase this in CVS to 3:4:0?
Those number are not GCC release numbers. Read about Versioning
versus version-info and why not to use Versioning in the libtool