Re: Complex integer division

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Suggestions on the right way to fix this?
>
> Deprecate complex ints?  Or is anyone using them?

I'd be happy to deprecate and then get rid of them - what does anyone else
think?

There are other problems with them.  For example, debug/1621 describes
long-standing problems with debug information for complex numbers, which
need compiler and debugger fixes.  The "right way" to fix this would be to
generate the debugging information for complex types supported by the
current DWARF drafts, and support it in the debugger, but this only
supports complex floating-point types (as in C99), not complex integer
types.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk