This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- To: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer)
- Subject: Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:06:52 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers),zack at codesourcery dot com (Zack Weinberg), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > What about what the manpages should be called? If we call them
> > gpl(whatever), gfdl(whatever), fsf-funding(whatever) then they may
> > conflict with manpages with the same names from other packages with the
> > same idea - but gcc-gpl, gcc-gfdl, gcc-fsf-funding seem a bit odd.
> Indeed. Probably it's best to go for the simple names, and as the texts
> of these pages won't change often, possible conflicts won't be that bad.
> I guess.
Why not coordinate this with distributors of systems that use gcc as
the system compiler, eg Debian and BSD? After all, they'll wind up
repackaging whatever we do anyway, may as well do it in a way they might