This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:27:41 -0500
- CC: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200111021804.NAA27536@makai.watson.ibm.com>
> 1) No DImode FPRs.
> 2) Strictly aligned FPRs
> 3) Word-aligned FPRs
> 4) Arbitrary alignment FPRs.
> Dale and I want 3, which is the recommendation for PowerPC. DJ
> wants 2. You want 1.
Sigh. DJ wants 3, not 2. That's what PPC chips support in hardware,