Re: Apple's implementation of precompiled headers

On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 02:34  PM, Neil Booth wrote:

> Devang Patel wrote:-
>
>> Yes and No,  because how/when to decide if it is 'changed' ?
>>
>> -  content is changed
>> -  content is same but different compiler options
>> -  content is same but different macro settings
>> -  content is same but different time stamp
>> -  content is same but different file system location
>> - ...
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>
> IMO, an implementation of precompiled headers that is deemed worthy
> for inclusion must handle all the above, but I don't understand what
> you are referring to by file system location, unless you're talking
> about (sym)link games.

Yes. links plus relative paths.

I am interested to know, how other precompiled headers implementations
have tackled
"content is same but different ..."  issues.

I recently read about the RedHat precompiled headers branch being
created in gcc
source.  How does it handles/plant to handle these issues ?

Devang