This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.1 does not work on Solaris 8/sparc
- To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert dot feyrer at informatik dot fh-regensburg dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.1 does not work on Solaris 8/sparc
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:26:08 -0700
- cc: aoliva at redhat dot com
--On Thursday, September 06, 2001 03:17:13 PM +0200 Hubert Feyrer
> I have tried building latest gcc (3.0.1, and also -current CVS checkout),
> with little success. The C compiler compiles, but libstdc++ blows up.
> The patch attached below works around the (known broken!) problem of "ln
> -s -f" not working in Solaris by doing an explicit 'rm' first.
Alexandre, do you know anything about this? People (including me) have
definitely built on modern Solaris without issues. Does this problem
ring any bells for you? Is there autoconf magic to deal with this?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com