Re: The future C++ template model in gcc

> Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:13:58 +0200
> From: Florian Schintke <schintke@zib.de>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> Why isn't it possible to generate a generic 'template meta
> instantiation' that works for all possible instantiations?

It is possible.  Just because something is possible, doesn't mean, we
want to do it.

Your next question will be, why don't we want to.  Answer, it's an
open research project, the code is slower, it's hard, it would require
lots more code to the compiler, it isn't clear customers want it, and
so on...