Re: Build problem with current tree

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Kenner <kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> writes:

Richard> I get this when linking jc1
Richard> Unresolved:
Richard> iconv_open
Richard> iconv
Richard> iconv_close

There's a pending patch for this.

It is necessary (perhaps not quite sufficient; see the followup).
I can't approve or reject this patch, so it remains pending.

Richard> I rebuilt libiberty and tried to rebuild fastjar, but ran into
Richard> cd ../../egcs/fastjar && autoheader
Richard> /usr/local/bin/autoheader: Symbol `PACKAGE' is not covered by /usr/local/share/autoconf/acconfig.h

Perhaps you have the wrong version of autoheader.
fastjar/aclocal.m4 uses the 3-arg form of AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED to define
PACKAGE and VERSION.  This obviates the need for a definition of the
symbol in acconfig.h:

    AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE, "$PACKAGE", [Name of package])

One fix here is to use the gcc_update script to update.

Tom