Pentium 4 GCC Optimizations

All,

My name's Kris Kersey and I am the site manager for LinuxHardware.org.  I
am currently finishing up a Pentium 4 under Linux review and am interested
in including some information about Pentium 4 optimizations under gcc.  I
grabbed this mailing list from the gcc website and I was wondering if
anyone could answer a few questions about gcc support.  Thanks in
advance.  With your permission I would like to publish the answers to
these questions and site you as the source.  If this is not alright, let
me know.

1. Does GCC have any Pentium 4 specific optimizations?

2. If so, what do they include?

3. If so, in what version were they integrated?

4. If not, are there plans for optimizations?  When will they be included?

5. Have you had a chance to look at the Intel compiler?  If so, what are
your thoughts and will we be seeing such optimizations in future gcc
versions?

Please reply directly to me as I am not a regular subscriber to the list.

Thank you,
Kris Kersey
LinuxHardware.org Site Manager
augustus@linuxhardware.org