Re: Losing Patches (was: embedded target breakage)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:10:15AM -0700, cgd@sibyte.com wrote:
> I requested plain-text copies of the archives a while ago, and was
> told that it'd probably be Difficult.

Yep.

> My personal favorite way of doing this is:
[fetch HTML and convert it]

Also worthy of mention:  the mailing list software running all of these
lists supports a hefty set of retrieval commands.  All you need is the
unique-for-a-long-time-at-least message number for each list; your message
to which I am responding is 34676, for example.  Then you send a command
to the mailserver requesting 1+ messages by number/range, and you get them
back by plaintext.

And if there happens to be a procmail recipe primed and ready to collect
such emails, extract and apply the patches, so much the better...

> # Written by Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>.  Public domain, but
> # if you find it useful you're encouraged to buy me beer.

While I'm not a beer person, I like this license.  A lot.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance