Re: Doubt in Ur GNU CC

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 01:50:46PM +0100, Graha Durai wrote:
> 	We are developing a new Operating System named
> Trinity OS.We came to know that GNU C is an perfect
> compiler for all these stuffs.We have written code for
> various resource management in C9x.
>
> Requirements.
>    Handling BIOS interrupts using GCC inline assembly
> programming.

The Linux kernel can do it, so it is possible.

>    Generation of Machine Code for C (executable by
> bare i386 machine).

i386 is one of the many targets for gcc.

> We are also in need of info like:
>   whether it is possible to do all these things in GNU
> C and if so how otherwise suggest any other compilers
> best optimal for us

It's possible in gcc, there are other OS kernels out there that are
also compiled with gcc (Linux, Hurd, etc.).

>           Expecting an immediate reply & suggestion.

You're kidding, right?

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl