Cross-compiler Documentation (was: PATCH: Handle the shared libgccis a system library)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>>> Tell me where I should put it. I will see what I can do.
>> Well, you'd need to send it to gcc-patches of course.  I would put it
>> in doc/cross-compile.texi, or something similar.
> It should go in doc/install.texi, along with the existing installation
> documentation.  Ideally, it should cover everything the documentation in
> doc/install-old.texi does, so the cross compilation documentation there
> can go away; and it should cover enough of what the crossgcc FAQ covers
> that there is no need for users to refer to that either.

We desparately need such documentation, and any (nearly) anything will
be better than what we currently have (which is nothing, in the official
install documentation). :-(

So, if anyone has a bit of time to work on this, I think we should
instantly install whatever s/he can offer and then iterate on that.

Gerald