Re: Non-constant expression allowed to dimension array declarations

In article <200106282017.NAA00036@kankakee.wrs.com>,
mike stump <mrs@windriver.com> writes:

>> > I was amazed to see that gcc allows the following. [...]

>> I am amazed that people fail to read the manual. ;-)

> Heck, that's nothing, I was amazed he wasn't familiar the the C
> standard:

Well, I cut him some slack in assuming that he was only familiar with
C89 not C99.  Not every end-user has read the C99 standard yet (nor
will they be motivated to do so until gcc supports most of it)...

It is somewhat ironic to note that gcc 3.0 reports the following when
the exact example from the C99 standard is compiled with -std\=c99 -pedantic:

l3.c: In function `tdef':
l3.c:3: warning: ISO C89 forbids variable-size array `A'

Yes, GNATS report filed.

Regards,
Loren