Re: PATCH for gthr.h (was:: Problems bootstrapping on i686-linux)

In article <20010620071400.B23386@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>,
Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:

>> However, since we are now where we are, I suppose Neil/Zack should
>> comment on this case.  In user code:
[...]
>> This worked unless -I- was given on the compiler command line.
[...]
> The behaviour is well documented, particularly after Zack's CPP manual
> rewrite.  -I- turns off searching the directory of the current file,
> so CPP is behaving as expected.

Thank you for the analysis.  I should read the CPP manual now that
Zack created a new manual.  (After reading selected passages from said
manual, I completely agree with your analysis.)

> If you wish to change this behaviour, then we need to think about it
> properly.  In particular, why, historically, was -I- given the
> behaviour is has now?  Would other stuff break?  Is the behaviour you
> describe what we want?  Why is a system header using #include ""
> anyway?

I do not want anything changed in CPP.  I only wanted to know whether
I introduced a subtle bug or whether Alex's analysis was correct.  In
light of your analysis (and I also read Zack's point about current
behavior existing since at least 2.7.2), I have assigned the PR to
myself and will fix it solely within libstdc++-v3.  Not that it
matters but it is an easy fix for us.

Regards,
Loren