Re: Converting tm.h macros to functions

> How about defining wrapper functions or macros?
> E.g.
>
> #define asm_output_int(i,f) (*target.asm_stuff.asm_output_int)((i),(f))

I'm not into that because that makes `target' a permanently global thing.
Eventually,
I'd love to see us eliminate all global variables and just pass around an
`a_compiler'
object.  Then we could have a compiler-server -- compile all your files in
separate
threads.  OK, I guess the heat has fried my brain a little...

Seriously, I'd like to not do the macro thing -- we have too many macros.
A little
typing won't hurt us.

On the other hand, this is a very minor issue compared to the benefits that
will
accrue from packaging up the macros in these vtables.  If people want to do
as you
suggest, I won't try to stop them. :-)

--
Mark Mitchelll               mark@codesourcery.com