Re: Updating Redhat gcc?

On Jun 15, 2001, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@mediaone.net> wrote:

>     - find out the latest status of the version of gcc that comes
>       with Red Hat Linux distributions
>     - find out the latest bugs fixed in the Red Hat version of gcc
>     - read instructions for how to obtain and install the
>       latest patch-level version of the Red Hat maintained version
>       of gcc

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/

The following is for Red Hat Linux 7 only (not 7.1)

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh7-errata-bugfixes.html

The following is the bug-fix announcement of GCC for Red Hat Linux 7.
The package announced there is older than the one that comes with 7.1,
though.  The RPMs that come with 7.1 should work on 7.0, but they may
require additional upgrades; I've never tried to do it myself.

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000-132.html