This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: should we search $prefix/include ?


On 9 Jun 2001, Per Bothner wrote:

> We have a problem which I believe needs to be resolved for gcc-3.0.
> (Perhaps people are already working on it; if so I apologize.)
> 
> I believe g++ used to search $prefix/include.  It now seaches
> $prefix/include/g++-v3, as well as /usr/include.  However,

Whatever you do, please ensure that the include search path is properly
documented from both a user and internals perspective: the users should
know what directories are searched, and developers should know what they
are known as internally.  In particular, the documentation in
install-old.texi of header directories should be updated and go elsewhere
in the manual or be merged with existing documentation elsewhere.

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]