Re: loop-2b and such

> That, and my idea about replacing `<' with `!=' seem to me like the
> obvious solutions.

I collected a list of the transformations we can safely do some five
years ago, and implemented the more common ones, but the weak point of that
code was getting lifetime information for the biv.

Indeed, most of the cases ivolved required to have or create an equality
comparison to avoid overflow effects.