Re: G++ defining _GNU_SOURCE

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 04:47:28PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> 	We still have no answer to the question why _GNU_SOURCE is defined
> in cp/lang-specs.h.  Its presence changes the behavior of some Free
> Software header files.  This definition was not present in gcc-2.95.  This
> macro is not defined for the GNU C Compiler, only the GNU C++ Compiler.

cvs annotate is your friend:

    2001-01-19  Jason Merrill  <jason@redhat.com>

        * init.c (build_delete): Always call convert_force to strip cv-quals.

        * decl2.c (flag_new_abi): Depend on ENABLE_NEW_GXX_ABI.
        * lang-specs.h: Default ABI depends on ENABLE_NEW_GXX_ABI.
        * g++spec.c: Don't look at ENABLE_NEW_GXX_ABI.

Jason?  Can we remove the _GNU_SOURCE part of this change?  libstdc++-v3
doesn't need it here.  Well, it /shouldn't/, if it does then it needs to
be moved into os_defines.h and CXX_CPP_DEFINES.

Phil