Re: gzip performance test

In my previous post I forgot to mention that when benchmarkiing gzip you
should alao check for code size: probably not a problem for gzip but  in
other programs increases in code size can cause slowdowns due to cache and
TLB exhaustion.   Also in real world there are other programs competing for
memory, TLB and cache so generalized use of a compiler who generates faster
but bigger code can make the whole load running slower.

			JFM