Re: gcc/f/malloc.h and HP-UX 10.20

John David Anglin wrote:

> > Isn't that too subtle a fix? Even if the timestamps are updated,
> > building f/ansify.c with $(HOST_CC) is still wrong. So, you'd simply
> > be masking the problem.

> There isn't really a choice.  You can't use the gcc target because it
> may not run on the host.  The intdoc application has to run on
> the host and you need an ANSI compiler to build it.  I have a patch
> that will allow building ansify with a non ANSI compiler but this
> is only the first step in generating the documentation.  The situation
> really isn't much different than that for bison, autoconf, etc.

> Possibly, f/intdoc.texi should be in the list of files that contrib/gcc_update
> touches.

Agreed.  I managed to recreate the problem by touch'ing -t 1999090909
intdoc.texi and rerunning bootstrap.

intdoc.texi had a date of April 18th over here, because I had to
retrieve the entire tree afresh on that date.

intdoc.texi is a generated file and should be treated as such (i.e. the
person responsible for its update should check it in).

I'll keep that in mind next time intdoc.texi turns up M on my tree ...

Thanks (all) for the investigation !