Re: sjlj exceptions

    >> What do folks think about making this choice a configure flag
    >> instead of a runtime flag?  Say --with-sjlj-exceptions to
    >> override the default that gcc would have otherwise chosen. the
    >> libraries would have an autoconf check for what style gcc uses
    >> and build accordingly.

    Mike> It was only meant as a compiler developement tool.  The
    Mike> simplest of things would work, but as you note, once you hit
    Mike> the library, one had no hope of things working.

I certainly think that making users specify this at configure-time is
reasonable.  And like Mike, I see no reason to multilib it.  Just make
`--with-sjlj-exceptions' build with that kind of exceptions, instead
of the ordinary kind everywhere.  If you were already going to
multilib, you get the same multilibs -- but with the other kind of
exceptions.

My understanding is that enough people use this option to mean that we
should continue to support it.  So, I think doing this is probably a
necessary step.

Thanks,