RE: VB

>system stuff. I have assumed in my reply above that there is VB
>specific stuff that would be needed that
>
>a) comes only with VB
>b) is copyrighted by Microsoft, and contains protectable expression
>c) there is no way of providing substitute components
>
>But if there are no components for which all of a) b) and c) are true
>then the situation is more hopeful.

  Not sure if it's relevant or not, but the Visual Basic runtime support
is supplied by a .dll which is freely-redistributable.  IIUC, that's all
that would need to be provided as a 'target library'.

       DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com