This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: makeinfo version
- To: Roman Zippel <zippel at fh-brandenburg dot de>
- Subject: Re: makeinfo version
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:17:53 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Roman Zippel wrote:
> I have a problem rebuilding cpp.info with an older makeinfo (from texinfo
> 3.12) because of "@option". Maybe the required makeinfo version should be
> increased, so that 'make (info|install)' doesn't fail?
What make command fails, with what message?
What is BUILD_INFO set to in your gcc/Makefile?
What does your gcc/config.log show under "checking for modern makeinfo"?
The required version in configure.in is 4.*. make install will install
info present in the source tree - but should not rebuild it if makeinfo is
too old. If you explicitly do "make info", then you do need recent enough
makeinfo. (Note that releases will include pregenerated info files.)
Joseph S. Myers