This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Live range splitting in new allocator
- To: <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Live range splitting in new allocator
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:22:11 -0500 (EST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <meissner at cygnus dot com>, <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> <<So please at least consider breaking debugging. It _will_ get fixed -
> too many people care about it. But it should not get fixed by
> generating bad code.
> It seems perfectly reasonable to me to take this attitude when optimization
> is turned on.
my feelings exactly. I can simply disable the splitting when optimziation
is off. It's not like the last implementation of LRS, which was a module
unto itself. The dataflow analysis module greatly simplifies our task.