This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New register allocator branch created
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: New register allocator branch created
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:14:03 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>, "dewar at gnat dot com" <dewar at gnat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu" <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
> Ehm, I was trying to build a compiler using the new register allocator,
> but reload complains about not being able to find a register to spill
> while compiling libgcc2.
Also, reload shouldn't be doing spill code register allocation, just spill
code insertion. The new allocator expects to be allocating registers
for temporaries used in spill code, by iterating. I haven't gotten
this going yet.
Once i get that handled, you'll never see that message again.