This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New register allocator branch created
- To: dberlin at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: New register allocator branch created
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:45:07 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<I actually find it odd that we do so badly in examples like that.
It makes me wonder if we do the same thing for C++ code. If we do, and
it's spilling link registers like that, all the time, it must *really*
kill virtual function performance, among other things.
Indeed, one has to react partly that the new allocator looks good, but
partly also that the old one seems surprisingly bad in this case.