This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -fno-weak, typeinfo, and AIX
- To: Jamie Lokier <egcs at tantalophile dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: -fno-weak, typeinfo, and AIX
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:38:01 -0800
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- References: <20010125161745K.email@example.com> <20010126161847.C7096@pcep-jamie.cern.ch>
On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 04:18:47PM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> 1. Load libA.so -- defines typeinfo A.
> 2. Load libB.so -- also defines typeinfo A, the one in libA.so wins.
> 3. Unload libA.so -- still with references to typeinfo A from libB.so.
That should work. libA won't really be unloaded, since ld.so
is supposed to track dependancies between DSOs.
More interesting, however, is libA and libB dlopen'ed, but without
RTLD_GLOBAL. In this case, neither DSO adds their symbols to the
global pool, so they don't resolve symbols between themselves.
The weak trick doesn't work there.