This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Hiding symbol on dynamic shared objects
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Hiding symbol on dynamic shared objects
- From: "Mevorach, Assaf" <assaf dot mevorach at intel dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:43:57 -0800
- Cc: "Mevorach, Assaf" <assaf dot mevorach at intel dot com>
I write a library in C, on GNU/Linux machine, and I would like to know if
there is a way to hide my symbols
(inner functions and global variables) from out of the DSO scope in order
not to pollute the whole image name space.
I am looking for solution by a compiler flag or option.
solutions such as making all the symbols static and putting them in one file
has been already considered and are less favorable.
please include me on your reply since I am not on this list.