This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: exception_receiver in i386.md
- To: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>
- Subject: Re: exception_receiver in i386.md
- From: Philip Blundell <pb at futuretv dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:34:59 +0000
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
In message <200101182351.SAA23905@jwlab.FEITH.COM>, John Wehle writes:
>restored. Is there some other mechanism which guarantees that the
>PIC register contains the proper value (i.e. what about a shared
>library throwing an exception caught by another shared library)?
Apparently the dwarf2 unwinder is supposed to restore call-saved
registers (which the PIC register is on i386) automatically. Did you
actually observe that the PIC register was getting corrupted without this
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-01/msg01174.html> and the
associated thread for some discussion.