This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] Silence some warnings [was Re: "introduce no new bootstrap..."]
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Silence some warnings [was Re: "introduce no new bootstrap..."]
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:20:30 -0800
- Cc: neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk, zackw at Stanford dot EDU, ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jeffrey> I think Mark should have the final call here. If it were
Jeffrey> me, I'd say hold off on this for now.
As I understand it, this patch doesn't meet this criteria from:
- All checkins must either:
- Fix a bug that caues incorrect code generation, a compiler
crash, an incorrect error message, or some other similarly
user-visible and vital problem.
- Provide functionality required for the release.
So, we should hold off on the patch (which looks to be goodness) until
after the branch. Then, we can apply in both places, probably.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com