This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Your change of September 11, 1998
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Your change of September 11, 1998
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:16:30 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10101160112.AA25229@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 08:11:45PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> We could, but the other routines (such as mark_set_1) would also need
> to be modified.
That one just needs to make sure that it doesn't do anything silly.
And I believe that is already the case, since it only looks at
REG, MEM, and some common wrappers for those like SUBREG.
As for correctness, all of these registers are call-clobbered, and
so their contents are being invalidated anyway.